Over the past few decades, revolutionary evolving technologies have fundamentally changed the way operations are steered on the forex market.
In the position of the discretionary trader, the forex market seems to be moving towards systems based on algorithms, automation, and early forms of artificial intelligence.
The emergence of automation in the forex market is creating a need for gadgets that can execute advanced rule-based trading strategies.
The forex robot is one of such tools that offer traders with a completely hands-off approach to the forex market.
Also known as Expert Advisors (EA), a forex robot is a computer program that automatically generates trading signals using mathematical algorithms helping in buying and selling decisions.
Forex robots are designed to eliminate physical and psychological elements in trading, an action that can prove to be unfavourable.
While trading software’s and forex robots can be purchased online, traders are advised to observe caution when buying them in this manner.
The Functionality of Forex Robots
The functionality of a forex robot can either be simple or extremely cumbersome. However, no matter how complex the robot’s coding is, the following attributes need to be supported.
- Position Management: Parameters for open position management are normally included within the programming code of the forex robot. Normally, profit targets and stop losses are set and placed on the market effortlessly. Special trade management strategies like scaling and trailing stops may also be incorporated.
- Trade Recognition: Trade robots should have the capability to identify favourable trading conditions using clearly defined principles. Trade setups may be based on any strategies of technical analysis that include support and resistance levels, momentum, and order flow.
- Order Placement: One of the most important aspects of profitable trading includes entering and exiting the forex arena efficiently. The forex robot should have the ability to place orders in the market, directing the trader to either buy or sell a specific currency pair at a particular time.
As the forex market continues to transition from being a physical market to an exclusive virtual market, many basic mechanics are changing.
Speed, volatility, and technological competence are emerging as key factors in the industry. At present, many traders are looking into forex robots to remain competitive and afloat the technological front.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Forex Robots
Forex robots are known to offer traders several pros and cons, depending on the type of trading and resources available.
Despite the risk involved with using a forex robot, the ultimate responsibility falls on the individual who performs the due diligence. The due diligence is necessary for determining the suitability of a forex robot.
Advantages of a Forex Robot
No matter if you are planning to practice an intraday, swing, or day trading, a forex robot can help reduce many negative aspects that are associated with humans. Some of the advantages of using a forex robot include:
- Latency Reduction: Trade-related latencies are greatly reduced, especially when forex robots are linked with private server hosting and direct market access (DMA).
- Reduced Emotional Trading: One of the most common hindrances in the forex market is associated with emotional trading. False hope, fear, and greed lead many traders to make poor judgments that include random risk management and overtrading.
- Precision: Human error during trade execution are greatly reduced due to precise signal recognition and order entry.
- Extensive Capabilities: Forex robots can scan multiple products, around the clock, giving traders favourable options to choose.
Disadvantages of Forex Robots
Despite its eye-catching benefits, forex robots are not foolproof. Several drawbacks are associated with them, which includes, hacking, inability to reason, bugs and glitches, and software upgrades.