Real Estate Investment or Trading Forex


Invest in real estate or trade forex; which choice is the best?

There’s no easy way to answer that question as to which is the better option. However, the fact remains that one has to be at least a better option.

In the current world, folks who want to set clear a financially-free future are after an investment scheme that will provide a steady as well as regular income without necessarily exerting a lot of effort.

Trading Forex

For that to happen, it’s either you choose to invest in real estate or trade forex.

Apparently, the wealthiest folks across the globe have dedicated most of their assets in real estate. On the other side, George Soros (the legendary money maker) made about $1 billion in only a day with forex.

Therefore, it’s a no brainer that the potential is there in both options, but are you now interested?

There’re a lot of investing books to learn from, such as the Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and The Essays of Warren Buffet. The books have been a stepping stone for most average folks opening their minds to several news ideas.

Now, which is the best option for you? To invest in Real estate or trade forex? Perhaps knowing the basics first will help you stand a better chance of making a decisive choice.

Passive Capital Gains

For individuals who prefer buying properties to get some rent revenue, then the real estate has to be the way to go.

However, for those preferring buying a property to resell it later at a higher price, then forex has to be the trading vehicle.


The amount of capital required to get into either of the fields differs by far. For instance, to purchase real estate, one will require at least 10% of the acquisition cost of a property when the bank is ready to lend the remaining 90%.

Therefore, it means that if a property is costing $350,000, you’ll be required to cough up at least $35,000, which is a year’s gross income for several folks.

On the other hand, to start forex trading, brokers only allow opening a trading account with as little as $200.

In fact, with only $50, a trader can trade up to 10,000 units of a currency with a margin ratio of 200:1.

Transaction Costs

Another aspect that sets a difference between the two is the differences in the transaction costs. In real estate, buying and selling are more expensive than the cost of buying and selling in forex trading.

Product Homogeneity

Trading Forex

Every product in real estate is unique, as they are not the same. Some houses may have a worse design, a better foundation, or a garden that is prettier than another.

Therefore, in such circumstances, it requires the best-selling, promoting, bargaining, and negotiating skills to come out successful.

Furthermore, some other parties, such as accountants, advisors, lawyers, and real estate agents, play an essential role in one’s success.

In forex trading, negotiating the price is not there with the other party. As a seller, you don’t educate potential buyers on the benefits of the product.

When buying, you get the best price from your broker for the currency at that given pint in time.


In forex trading, the market is 24 hours a day open, and no need to meet the sellers or buyers in person.

Besides, one doesn’t have to conduct several meetings with accountants, lawyers, bank representatives, and many others. Everything can be done quickly just from the comfort of your zone.


The forex market is arguably the largest market across the globe, and hence when you want to sell or buy currencies, always there’s someone ready to sell or buy at a competitive price.

Therefore, with several dollars ready for exchange, it only requires a couple of seconds to get exchanged.

In real estate, to sell or buy an apartment or a house, one has to wait for some weeks or even months in other cases.

Mediated Transactions

You deal directly with a party in real estate. Hence, it requires a lot of paperwork as well as consulting the lawyers in ensuring that you’re aware of all available options in case the other party doesn’t fulfill the required bargain details.

In forex trading, you only deal with the broker and not a particular individual. Therefore, one doesn’t have to worry about the other party fulfilling their end of the bargain as the broker takes care of that for you.

The Bottom Line

Each option comes with its strong and weak points. However, if you’re looking to profit from capital gains, then fore trading is your choice.

But if you’re an investor looking to create gains from a combination of capital gains and passive income, then real estate is your thing for the long-term.

Every business opens up a lot of opportunities, as well as several risks. Opportunities are there always for grabs and the risks for you to control.