Grayscale Reports Record-Breaking Numbers in Q4 2020 Thanks to Bitcoin Investors


Grayscale recorded its best year in 2020 yet with massive allocations, mostly from institutional investors, despite the dramatic events that plagued that year.

The cryptocurrency investment fund posted record-breaking numbers in the first three quarters of 2020 and profoundly better reports in Q4. The firm reported that the total investments in the last three months of the year amounted to $3.3 billion, while the total investment for the year came in at $5.7 billion. What this means is that 60% of the firm’s total investment came in Q4 alone.

Meanwhile, the firm noted that it had raised a total investment inflow of $1.2 billion since its inception from 2013 to 2019. This means that the investment inflows of 2020 were almost five times the inflow in the past six months combined.

Also, the cryptocurrency-based investment company highlighted the increasing influx of institutions, as about 93% of all investment inflows in Q4 2020 came from that group of investors. The firm added that “meaningful uptick alongside a number of public announcements from notable investors and asset managers.”

Grayscale noted that 45% of its total investments came from the United States, while the remaining 55% came from offshore investors.

As would be expected, Grayscale Bitcoin Trust attracted most of the investment from last year. In Q4 alone, GBTC garnered about $2.8 billion in investment inflows, a jaw-dropping 85% share of all investments.

BTCUSD – Hourly Chart

Key BTC Levels to Watch — January 17

Bitcoin appears to be taking its time over the weekend as the benchmark cryptocurrency was range-bound through the weekend. At press time, BTC is on the verge of breaking the 50 SMA at $36,215, as bulls aim to defeat the $37,827 resistance. That said, only a sustained break above the crucial $39,800 resistance will reinstate the original bull trend.

On the flip side, a fall from this level should be swiftly repelled by the $34k support.

Meanwhile, our key resistance levels are at $36,500, $37,827, and $38,500. While our key support levels are at $34,474, $34,000 and $33,000.

Total Market Capitalization: $1.03 trillion

Bitcoin Market Capitalization: $680 billion

Bitcoin Dominance: 66%

Note: Learn2.Trade is not a financial advisor. Do your research before investing your funds in any financial asset or presented product or event. We are not responsible for your investing results.

  • Broker
  • Benefits
  • Min Deposit
  • Score
  • Visit Broker
  • 20% welcome bonus of upto $10,000
  • Minimum deposit $100
  • Verify your account before the bonus is credited
$100 Min Deposit
  • Award-winning Cryptocurrency trading platform
  • $100 minimum deposit,
  • FCA & Cysec regulated
$100 Min Deposit
  • Over 100 different financial products
  • Invest from as little as $10
  • Same-day withdrawal is possible
$100 Min Deposit
  • Award-winning Cryptocurrency trading platform
  • 14 Cryptoassets available to invest in
  • FCA & Cysec regulated
$200 Min Deposit

Highly volatile unregulated investment products. No EU investor protection.

  • Trade top Cryptos such as Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum plus more
  • Zero commissions and no bank fees on transactions
  • Around the clock service with support in 14 languages
$100 Min Deposit
  • The Lowest Trading Costs
  • 50% Welcome Bonus
  • Award-winning 24 Hour Support
$200 Min Deposit
  • Fund Moneta Markets account with a minimum of $250
  • Opt in using the form to claim your 50% deposit bonus
$250 Min Deposit
Share with other traders!

Azeez Mustapha

Azeez Mustapha is a trading professional, currency analyst, signals strategist, and funds manager with over ten years of experience within the financial field. As a blogger and finance author, he helps investors understand complex financial concepts, improve their investing skills, and learn how to manage their money.